For a woman, looking after health and fitness becomes extra important as they tend to ignore their health while juggling between personal and professional life.
“Am I eating right?”, “Am I getting enough nutrition?”, “Am I fit enough?”, all these questions can seem daunting.
But we are here to make it easy for you.
This blog presents a complete guide on female health, fitness, diet, and nutrition for you!
Let’s Understand Women’s Nutritional Needs
Women and men are biologically different, in terms of hormones and other physiological and chemical functions. Women’s bodies go through various hormonal and physical changes that make their nutritional requirements evolve constantly. With this, it becomes equally essential for women’s diet to evolve too, to maintain a healthy and fit body.
In a lifetime, women face hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy and childbirth, and menopause. It puts them at a higher risk of osteoporosis, anemia, and nutritional deficiencies. This is why, a healthy nutrient-rich diet along with a well-managed fitness regime becomes especially crucial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle for women.
Let’s dive in to understand all about maintaining women’s health, diet, and nutrition for overall female wellness.
Diet and Nutrition for Women
As a result of hectic routines, poor lifestyle, and work setting, more and more women are succumbing to nutritional deficiencies resulting in chronic fatigue, hormonal imbalances, and other health issues.
Diet and nutrition play a key role in determining the overall physical and mental well-being of a woman. Use this comprehensive women’s diet and nutrition guide to keep your health on track!
Here are some healthy eating tips for women to maintain a well-balanced diet.
1. Consume iron-rich foods: Healthy diet for women includes foods rich in iron. Iron is an essential mineral for everyone; however, its necessity differs in women at different stages of their lives. It forms hemoglobin that carries oxygen to the blood. Due to menstruation, pregnancy, and childbirth, women face higher blood loss, leading to higher blood requirement.
According to the National Family Health Survey, 55% of Indian women suffer from anemia. The ideal iron requirement for an adult woman is 18 mg per day and that for pregnant women is 27 mg per day. To gain enough iron from your diet:
- Consume foods rich in Vitamin C such as citrus fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid milk, coffee, and tea during meals.
- Consume legumes, chickpeas, spinach, and soybeans regularly.
2. Vitamin D and calcium for stronger bones: Maintaining a healthy diet and nutrition is important for women’s health and wellness. Calcium is a significant mineral required for stronger bones and overall female wellness. It helps regulate the normal rhythm and functioning of the heart and the nervous system. Calcium deficiency, in the long run, could lead to weaker bones and osteoporosis. Vitamin D is essential for the healthy absorption of calcium.
Tips to gain enough calcium and vitamin D from your diet include:
- Get adequate exposure to direct sunlight.
- Include more dairy products like milk, cheese, fortified foods, and yogurt in your diet.
- Eat more nuts and seeds like almonds, sesame, and others.
- Consume an adequate amount of green leafy vegetables.
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake.
Gaining exposure to natural sunlight is the greatest source of Vitamin D. To maintain an adequate amount of vitamin D in the body, switch to Satvam Nutrition’s natural Vitamin D3 supplement.
3. Stock up on Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is highly essential for the body’s most important functions. It maintains the nerve function and aids the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin B12 is essentially critical for the maintenance of women’s health. Being low on B12 leads to fatigue and weakness, problems with memory, poor gut and immune health. An average adult must have 2.4 mg of B12, while pregnant and breastfeeding women must consume 2.6 to 2.8 mg on daily basis.
To maintain a healthy lifestyle for women and regulate adequate levels of vitamin B12 in the body, consume these foods:
- Dairy products
As dairy, animal meat, and fish are primarily the rich sources of vitamin B12, choose the vegan, plant-based way with Satvam Nutriton’s Natural Vitamin B12 supplement.
Fitness Tips for Women
Along with a healthy and nutritious diet, staying fit and active is also a significant step towards achieving a healthy lifestyle for women. The following are some significant tips for women’s fitness.
- Engage in a 30-minute workout routine for at least 4 days a week.
- Sitting is considered the new smoking. Move a little, run a little, jump a little.
- Stretching is important to prevent muscle stiffness. Hold each stretching pose for 30 seconds.
- Strength training is the key to women’s fitness and health. It is important to strength train at least twice a week. It improves cardiovascular and bone strength, as well as reduces the risk of injuries.
- Engage in cardio training thrice a week. It is the best way to keep your heart pumping and functioning healthily.
- Your muscles need healing as much as wearing out. Devote yourself to muscle recovery with light yoga and other types of workouts.
- Sleep well and stay hydrated.
Other Important Women’s Health Tips
Female wellness goes beyond what just meets the eye. Pertaining to their biological and hormonal characteristics, certain screenings are essential to maintain women’s health effectively.
- HPV Test
- Pap Test
- Monthly Breast Self-Exam
- Thyroid Test
- Bone Density Screening
- Blood Pressure Test
- Osteoporosis Screening
Gain Female Health Support Naturally
While taking care of everyone dependent on them, women tend to ignore their physical and mental health on a daily basis. Women’s health and fitness become especially important due to hormonal imbalances caused by menstruation, PMS, menopause, and lifestyle. This is where a well-balanced, nutritious diet along with a regular workout routine becomes highly essential.
To support healthy lifestyle choices, choose Satvam Nutrition’s Female Health Support (Shop Here). It is an all-natural, science-backed formulation that supports healthy hormonal balance and relieves fatigue for everyday wellness.
Go the natural way to manage overall physical and mental well-being with plant-based, chemical-free supplements.
Raho happy aur healthy, naturally!